It’s 107 here! The guy is about to throw a fit as he’ll be delivering mail in this tiny heat wave (over by Tuesday, apparently). My best friend adores the heat & is in Palo Alto. My husband detests it & is right here. Sometimes the world isn’t fair.
It’s a long story, but he actually has Thursday – Monday off this week / weekend. I am Very Tempted to do up some substitute plans & take the last two days of the week off. I have lots of vacation time… I don’t know if I am convincing myself or UNconvincing myself. Let’s make a list!
Reasons to Go to Work
- It’s my job.
- I’d miss my kiddos.
- We’re running groups on Thursday morning, and it’d be a pain to get my group ready for someone else to lead it.
Reasons to Take the Day(s) Off
- We would have FIVE days off together (Monday is Memorial Day)!
- We could go to the farmer’s market on Thursday (I never go during the week!).
- We could spend an entire day in bed watching TV on DVD and ordering pizza and just being together.
- We’d still have plenty of time to clean out the green room so we’d be able to sleep in there (as it is currently largely used for storage).
- I’ve been feeling blah for a bit (see: previous journal entries) & this could eradicate the lingering traces of blahness (they’re mostly gone, so that’s just an excuse, but it seems like a good one!).
- We’ve finished our state testing, so the pressure is off at school.
- I could leisurely try some of the recipes I’ve been meaning to get around to making.
Hm. Maybe one day…?!