This is not a joke. DO make these cookies. They’re just right for winter – s’mores being absolutely perfect when it’s chilly outside & they’re not messy & won’t get all over your hands. I made two batches – one on Christmas Eve for my husband’s family & one a couple of days later for my family’s gathering. They received rave reviews at the four different parties they graced & they were annihilated at each gathering (except at the last one where I brought four times as many to insure there’d be enough).
Some people in the comments had trouble with the dough spreading, but I am almost positive that they didn’t refrigerate the dough for an hour as instructed. I was doing so much baking that this wasn’t a problem, but I get being impatient. I do recommend making sure you do that because mine were absolutely perfect.
Another little tip would be to use Symphony toffee bars to break up & put on top. Oh, man. DO THIS. I added a little sea salt to the top of one batch & they were my absolute favorites. Additionally, I regularly bake cookies 30 seconds – 2 minutes less than recommended, depending on the recipe. The times on these were spot on for me, but I put them back in for 1.5 minutes instead of 2 minutes after adding the marshmallows & chocolate, and my marshmallows didn’t spread like hers did. Just a tip…
Seriously though, if these won rave reviews from my eight-year-old nephews, both brothers-in-law, my sister-in-law’s boyfriend, grandparents, aunt & cousins, well… That’s a lot of endorsement! Try them out while the weather is still chilly enough to warrant it!
If you absolutely cannot click links (where there are photos, so do it!), here’s the recipe:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (I found this to be one package of graham crackers – not a box, but one of the individually wrapped packages, if you are too lazy to measure)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups miniature chocolate chips (any chips are fine)
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Hershey bars, chopped (and by 2 bars, I took that to mean jumbo bars & mine were very chocolate-y)
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until combined. Add the flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda, mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for about an hour. (Don’t skip this!)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of chocolate into each cookie. Return to the oven and bake an additional 2-3 minutes until fully cooked. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.