I am missing my best friend right now. Due to living in different cities & a recent increase of busyness (that seems like it shouldn’t be a word) in both of our schedules, we’re at a low ebb of hanging out. As she’s on my mind, I am going to list some of my favorite things to do with her.
- linger over a meal and talk
- find ridiculous things to try on / comment on / wear (outfits, t-shirts, Maltese plaques, commemorative flags)
- watch her make my husband laugh & vice versa
- send random links /emails that no one else will appreciate
- plan future events
- discuss how ridiculously cute & young her dog looks
- share wincingly horrible stories of grammar misconduct at our job sites (newspaper & school, both of which contain people who should know better)
They’re small things, to be sure, but I love her for them.